Sunday, August 28, 2016

Seaside United Methodist Church

We have found a church...Seaside United Methodist Church.
Today was the annual church picnic and it was a joy to participate.

I have already volunteered Barb for the choir and there is a delightful choir director who alternately goes by the name of Debbie or "Sparky" as she is known at camp.


I have been getting to know the church members and so far I have met "Ron" who is a retired United Methodist pastor, "Irene" who sits in the pew ahead of us, and Rich, the faithful video guy, whom I have offered my services.
I neglected to mention Rev. John Tindell who is the pastor of Seaside United Methodist Church.  His sermons are plain spoken and widely vary from week to week. One of the things that attracted Barb and me is the way they close the service singing "Let There be peace on Earth and let it begin with Me."  I love that touch.

Today, at the church picnic, we also met "Walter" and his mother, "Cathy"...and "Amy" and her almost 20 year old daughter "Nora".



The organist sits up front and she has a service dog...a poodle.  She also participates with the choir which will be meeting every Wednesday evening at 7 pm.

We are still getting to know our new church and shortly we will be transferring our membership from Epworth UMC.  So far, we have found them to be very friendly...just like Epworth.



1 comment:

  1. So glad you've found a place and started discovering "family" there! Your Epworth family is happy for you.

    ReplyDelete